Monday, April 03, 2006

Tilled!

The new lawn (well, 90% of it) has been tilled. There were an assload of stones. This was, after all, part of a driveway. Nary a plant seems to have ever grown on it. I'm sure I'll have to fertilize it before I seed it. That won't happen until the last several days of April, and then only if it's going to be relatively warm (read: won't go below freezing at night) and wet.

I was opting to pull out all the old raspberry bushes (read: brambles, thorns, eyesores), but I'll keep them for the berries. They just need to be neatened up a bit.

I also now have a fairly large pile of stones and cobbles. Most of them will go towards a cobblestone walkway. The rest will probably be used by the roadside for either a new mailbox or a lamp. I haven't figured it out yet.

My back's killing me, so I'm going to go get drunk. I mean, take some meds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home