Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Project Update--May 1, 2006

After getting the very first post in and concreted (so it will *hopefully* not shift when the ground freezes this winter), I moved on to work on the posts on the southeast corner of the building. Sunday, my uncle (who is visiting for a few more days) helped me rip up some of the floor inside so I could get to a few trouble spots (where the floor heaved up). I finished that part Monday (yesterday, May 1) and proceeded to jack up the entire southeast wall (minus the very southeast corner). I was able to get one spot almost perfectly in place, but closer to the southeast corner, I still need to go up about 3 1/2 inches. The ground is extremely soft...it would explain why this part of the building is so off-kilter.

I probably won't get a chance to continue until next week sometime, as my kid's mother is coming to visit this weekend, and/or it's supposed to rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home